It's time to bring it all together. In this section we will focus on the high-level oversight and feedback loop that looks at the company's safety policy and safety objectives and guards the performance of the SMS, then identify how to incorporate all the key elements discussed in sections 1 through 5 and make them part of the company/operation culture and day-to-day procedures.
- Evaluating and making big picture improvements to the SMS: Management Review & Safety Objectives
- Assessing company structure & leadership
- Appraising a company’s policy and culture
- Using the help of a good SMS Manual
- Putting all the pieces together and running the SMS
- Experience-based practical tips and tools to implement and run the safety management system as part of company management
- The required components of staff competence according to the standard (ISO)